October 21, 2021

Mould Removal – A DIY Approach

You take great effort to ensure that your home is spic and span, not only to make it presentable to house guests, but more so, you’d like to ensure the health and wellbeing of your family and even your pets. But such efforts can be thwarted by the presence of moulds.

Moulds are associated with various health issues including upper respiratory problems like cough and sore throat, nasal and sinus congestion, breathing difficulties, asthma and chest tightness. Moulds also cause headaches and skin and eye irritation. Continuous exposure to moulds and their lethal toxins can also lead to cancer, neurotoxicity, immunologic disorders, gastrointestinal and cardiac illnesses. Children, the elderly, people with asthma and allergies and those with a weak immune system are particularly vulnerable to moulds.

As such, mould removal should be performed immediately to prevent the harmful effects of these microorganisms. Mould removal, Newcastle residents should know, is not a long term solution. Moulds thrive in homes which have poor ventilation and moisture problems. As such, remedying these problems can minimise, if not totally eliminate, the chance of this problem from occurring once again.

Mould removal, Sydney residents should know, can be done in two ways, depending on the material on which the moulds grow. However, there are some materials where moulds have grown wherein the microorganisms cannot be easily eliminated. In such cases, it is best to consult a specialist in mould removal.

Before you begin, you need to protect yourself by wearing enclosed footwear, rubber gloves, face mask, goggles and protective clothing. You will also need cleaning brushes, drying cloths, drop tarps, rags and lots of clean water. To remove moulds, you will need tea tree oil, distilled vinegar and sodium hypochlorite solution, all which should be of concentrated strength.

Once you have put your safety gear on, you can begin spraying or applying the cleaning solution onto the affected areas, including cracks and crevices. Afterwards, be sure to remove the excess solution by wiping the treated area. Make sure to clean the area that was treated and properly dispose the equipment used. Also, make sure that the room is well-ventilated.

In case the moulds reappear or if your mould removal endeavour proves to be an unsuccessful one, do not hesitate to call in the experts to give you the best advice on the right course of action to take to eliminate your pesky household problem.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *